Since April 2011 I've lost over 35lbs of body fat and I'm in the best health of my life!
After years of trying "diets" and "exercise plans" I finally found the answers that worked!
A summary of my findings are below, I hope they can help you!
Rule #1: Understand what you’ve been taught to this date is wrong!
What you think makes you fat or gain weight is not correct!
Calories IN - Calories OUT doesn’t work...otherwise we wouldn’t have so many people obese!
It has been scientifically proven our bodies store fat when our blood sugar levels get too high, insulin rushes in to lower block sugar and store fat.
- So stop eating sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid eating grains, our bodies weren’t meant to eat them!
- No breads, pasta, rice, chips, tortillas
- Look for starches on the label!
- Basically avoid boxed/processed foods that have a long shelf life!
What can I eat? Eat foods in their natural state!
Eat meats, vegetables and some fruit/nuts
Drink lots... I mean lots of water every day!
Tea or coffee (limit your coffee/caffeine intake)
Don’t starve yourself!
Some Rules to Live by
- Avoid "White" Carbs
- Exception: Within 30 minutes of finishing resistance-training (if under 15% body fat)
- All bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas and fried food with breading
- Eat the same meals over and over again
- Proteins: Egg whites with 1-2 whole eggs for flavor Chicken breasts or thighs Beef and pork *eat as much of these as I like don't starve or go hungry
- Legumes: Lentils, black, pinto, red beans Soybeans
- Vegetables: Spinach, asparagus, peas, broccoli, green beans, mixed vegetables, sauerkraut
- Don't Drink Calories!
- Water, tea, coffee
- Dry red wine with dinner
- Don't over eat fruit
- Take one day off per week “Cheat Day”
Some thoughts to make into habits
“If your great-grandmother didn’t eat it, you shouldn’t eat it”
“Eat like the cavemen/women did thousands of years ago”
“It’s 80% what you eat, 10% exercise, 10% lifestyle changes”
Books to Read
Websites to follow
Dr Jack Kruse and the Leptin Reset
I will continue to update this page as I continue this journey to a longer, healthier life!
If you have comments or ideas please post below!
Books and Resources
MaxCapacityTraining.com 16 Minute workouts/3 time a week/No special equipment needed!